Sunday 8 July 2007

Menus and Nightmares

I was helping Dorian by proofreading his menus and selecting a legible typeface. We discussed all this and decided it might be productive to laminate some A3 menus he had already designed and place these on a few tables as an experiment. That way, the tables would look already 'laid' to some extent and customers could start choosing their food as soon as they came in.

I fully intended to have a look at the beginning of the Tour de France, or at least go to Southwark Park and have a look at the Bermondsey Beat, picnic in the park, but even the prospect of Chas'n Dave could not convince me to stray so far from home today.

Had a nightmare last night about a proposed boat trip. For some reason there were thousands of people and a tiny boat, and I had used all my own plates to lay on lunch before the trip. Somehow, after the lunch, chaos took over while people were pushing each other out of the way to get onto the boat first, and I was left behind washing huge piles of dishes in a kitchen on the bank. I do hope this is not a premonition.

No comments: