Saturday 27 September 2008

The Last Supper, Scan and Dodgy Liver

Quite funny. Someone suggested a new caterer for our pensioner lunches so dutifully investigated their website. They are called The Last Supper. Their website is lastsupperltd.co.uk if you want a giggle. The graphics are fine, but the wording.....oh dear! Anyway it was quite amusing but strangely there were no sample menus. I rang them and a Dominic answered. He was surprised that I needed menus and stated that everything they did was 'bespoke'. When he heard that we would be doing a lunch for 100 pensioners in a local hall he said they might be rather expensive for our needs. When pressed further as to the actual figure, he said the price would be £70 - £80 per head! I suspect he was not longing for our custom. I agreed that this might be rather expensive and decided to revert to Heriot caterers who do Ascot lunches etc. and cater for usvvery efficiently for less than £20 per head, including all linen, glasses, silver, waitresses etc.


Had my scan and missed a good lunch. All was OK and no huge stones or tumours anywhere, but they could not exclude any tiny ones which would not be visible on a fattie like me. Also they said my liver was crap, i.e. fatty, quel surprise, but since the function has always been fine I shall not stress too much over this.

Dorothy rushed around last night to borrow my keys to the Spanish flat. I hope they manage to have a good time for the week. I am looking forward to going to Spain to Romy's place soon.

No comments: