Tuesday 2 September 2008

Poor Old Malvolio and Call from Ex Husband

Had a call from Roxy to say that the huge cauldron of chilli she had prepared had all been finished. I have to plead not guilty as I did not try it, but it seems that lots of people became very hungry later.

This morning Malvolio seemed to be in pain, and though obviously hungry, was unable to eat easily. His bottom lip seemed to be rather swollen in the front, so I took him to the vet. She diagnosed a badly infected front tooth. I had a fructosamine test done while I was there and he came back with some antibiotics (£90), and he needs to go back to have the tooth removed on Friday (£300) with a follow-up check up on Monday (£?). The vet told me that the insulin he was taking probably wasn't working as I had kept it so long, but that despite this, his diabetes seemed well under control. The fructosamine test will reveal all, but there is a chance he will be controlled by diet alone.

Had a rather surprising rare call from my ex husband who wants to write a letter to Dorothy. He says he is writing his will and in the next sentence, said that he had starting having epileptic fits again, and one month ago had been taken to hospital after having a fit. He is now at least taking some tablets for this. Since he did not start having petit mal seizures until he was about forty, I do find it a bit strange that no one seems to know why. I suggested he should mention this to his GP, because both the GP and hospital may be assuming that he had been ill since childhood and it has never been properly investigated.

No comments: