Thursday 18 September 2008

Sad Old Bat


This week I made a desultory attempt to tidy my flat. Unfortunately Ocado arrived in the middle of this, so I immediately gave up and started cooking things from my shopping basket, including:

a) A loaf of my usual soda bread with walnut pieces, but this time including some caraway seeds. I suspect I am the only person in England who likes caraway seeds. Must remember to buy some poppy seeds.

b) A huge cauliflower. I boiled this and used about a third for lunch with some cheese sauce. The rest may be either pureed or used as a cauliflower soup, incorporating the rest of the cheese sauce.

c) Three baked apples. A huge bag of cooking apples arrived, unfortunately without the blackberries. I baked three of these and ate one with some frozen blackberry coulis I had made earlier. May eat the other two for pudding sometime. In Spain they have these cold. OK when you become used to the idea.

I left the place in a bit of a mess for the cleaner but was careful to hide my new silver teapot just in case of any further accidents.

I have been making little round shapes from aluminium which will fit around stud earrings. I have so far used recycled gold and pearls for these, as well as some copper-coloured ones with blue beads.

No comments: