Wednesday 24 September 2008

Stockpot, Spain and Stress

I have been reading about Richard Mabey's new book and decided to make a stock pot to save cooking for a week, just adding bits and pieces now and then. Boiling for 15 minutes a day will apparently keep it going and safe indefinitely, but have decided to limit it to a week. I made it last Sunday. I made another bangle for Romy. She wore them both last night and they looked very good together. I am keen to make more things but need more scrap gold/coral/turquoise/any other stone. We shall see.

Dorothy and Julian are leaving for a week in Spain on Saturday. I hope our flat is OK. I shall have a scan on Friday to examine my kidneys. I should, if all goes well, be going to Spain with Romy to visit her abode there in a couple of weeks. Apparently the temperature should be in the mid twenties, like our summer, which will be good, but I am rather suspicious so will take a woollie or two.

Still stressing a bit about getting our report in to the Charity Commission by the end of October since I will be away for a week. Our auditor is due to come to the office and look at the stuff next Tuesday, and I hope I have managed to do enough filing for him to be able to find everything he needs. Then when he has finalised the annual report our Chairman has to sign several copies before it can all go off. I keep getting nagging letters from the Charity Commission which does not help at all.

Malvolio will have to go back to the vet when I return from Spain to have his diabetes reassessed and presumably, to get some more insulin since it will be becoming out of date by then.

No comments: