Monday 31 May 2010

Sunday Night and Monday Morning

Dorothy and Julian popped in for a cup of tea after shopping in town. They came bearing gifts of a couple of Japanese noodle dishes. I was admonished for being a miserable and crabby old woman. Dorothy admired my garden and they both think I was crazy to turn my studio into a spare room just because Nibby was staying for a short while. I pointed out that it was good to have a proper little spare room, and that my studio will now be in the living room. Julia had a rather good idea for my fireplace. She said that if I completely packed the fireplace with short logs where the ends showed, it would look very nice, and stop Kooky from trying to climb up the chimney, as well as prevent the draughts from coming down. She had seen this in some design magazine and it apparently looks very good, and will not prevent me from using my old electric fire, so may well try it if I can get lots of logs.

They stayed for ages, which was nice. Julian is still not keen on my white sunburst mirrors, and thought a large antique elegant gold one would look better over the table. She may well be right. The overmantel one which Nibby found was gorgeous, so I may start looking out for something similar. It will have to be a different shape though. We shall see.

Nibby has just rung and is going to Blenheim with her friend Vivienne today. She will come back here tomorrow and spend Wednesday in London before going off to Italy on Thursday. I shall try and be home early tomorrow and will now take Wednesday off. We could go to a gallery, or even do a Greenwich trip on the river if the weather is fine.
Then Madeleine is coming over next weekend. I am sure she would also enjoy a river trip, but otherwise we shall find a suitable restaurant for lunch.

Kooky has behaved himself so far in the past day or so.

No comments: