Wednesday 21 July 2010

Day Off -Thursday


Last night I fell asleep in front of a programme about gay men and their adopted children and woke up in the middle of Big Brother. This told me it was time for bed.

It was supposed to be pouring with rain, but so far it is warm and sunny. I shall tidy up a bit as the cleaner is due. I hope she is more successful with the cleaning than on her last visit, when it was scarcely noticeable that she had been. I shan't be able to paint while she is here, so I may clear off for a large part of the day. Not sure where.

Well. I started with South Bank. Had a coffee and croissant at RFH looking out over the river, see exhibition of Favela stuff from Brazil above. I then became carried away with percussion things in the shop and purchased too many.

Although not a brilliant day - occasionally thunderclouds but some sun too - purchased a ticket to go from Festival Pier, to St Katharine's Dock , back to Festival Pier via a short wait at Westminster where I read my newspapers - all for £5.25 with my Freedom Pass. Lunchtime, so I decided to treat myself to a wonderful lunch in Skylon. Only one glass of Chablis, no pud, just coffee. This used up most of the day, cabbed back and ended with a drink at Lye Torng. Most satisfactory, if rather expensive, apart from the fantastically cheap boat trip.

No comments: