Saturday 3 July 2010

Wild Honey, Triffid and Tumbleweed


Here's the bamboo triffid. Growing in the middle of a shrub. It is about three feet high and the trunk is about one inch in diameter. Such a nightmare.

Had dinner at Wild Honey with Dorothy and Julian. Dorothy and I had rather salty fish , but the rest was fine. I had wild strawberries for pudding. Really good.

Ocado delivery due tomorrow. I must have a go at dieting to lose some of the extra kilos piled on while away. My ankles haven't gone down much yet.

Have been googling about bamboo. Seems it can be a serious problem. Apparently I should use a chemical killer and will have to spray it several times. Appears that it spreads underground with rhizomes and can have a huge root system with plants popping up everywhere, coming up through patios etc. Dear me.

No comments: