Saturday 17 July 2010

More Sea


Have started painting yet another seascape - all good fun but a bit of a challenge. I have now removed several shoots from the triffid and stuck them into pots to see if they will grow, which I doubt. At least now my hydrangea is free of spikes sticking into it. Romy is departing for Eastbourne today with two helpers and two coachloads of punters. I do hope the weather holds up. Eastbourne is notorious for stormy and windy downpours during our visits. At least it is a town with plenty of shopping and indoor places including a shopping centre.

Picked up a couple of lavender tubs - one has filled my windowbox and the other will go into an empty pot outside in front. Text from Dorothy to say they arrived in the middle of some kind of fiesta. I may check the dates of the Barcelona Gracia district festival which we always seem to miss, somehow. Just checked. It is on 15th to 21st August this year. If you can get there, just hop into a cab and get dropped off anywhere in Gracia and enjoy. The street decorations are absolutely fantastic.

No comments: