Saturday 24 July 2010

Sunday

Yesterday I collected my papers and got on a boat to Richmond. With my freedom pass, a return cost £10.25. It was a two hour journey arriving at lunchtime, and the first boat back was at 4pm. Although the boat was full, I sat in very pleasant sun and greatly enjoyed the journey - will post up some pics, but my camera needed charging so missed some of the best bits.

Richmond now has pleasant green terraces down to the river, thanks to Terry Farrell. There's a square, Heron Square, with a food market on Saturday which was good, but I am spoiled by Borough Market. Unfortunately the old excellent hamburger joint, L'Auberge, has turned into a Nando's and there are too many chain bars and pubs. However I managed to find some lunch on a boat run by the tourist office, called 'Greedies',unlicensed but with excellent salads etc. Highly recommended. There was a Gaucho on the bank where the boat docked, but I preferred to sit in the sun on the river.

Running with the tide, we arrived back early, and I was back at home, slightly sunbaked, by 6pm. Romy had arrived home, and we discussed Pete's timing for getting rid of the triffid. I suspect this is going to be a major problem. We shall see. He is due here at 10am. It has been raining during the night, but I hope it will stay fine today.

No comments: