Saturday 3 July 2010

Hen Girls, Garden Triffid and Fat Ankles



Jon managed to grab a pair of hen night girls for this snap in Torquay. He can't bear to be left out!

Strange thing. The people living at the back of my flat have huge pots of bamboo. I was not worried about this until yesterday. Right in the middle of a recently planted hydrangea I noticed a wide, tapering, tall thing with small leaves on the top. On closer examination this is a huge bamboo trunk which has shot up in the past week. I don't know how it has appeared unless the bamboo at the back, which is very tall, has somehow dropped a large seed or something into my garden. I am now waiting for the urban jungle to appear.

After a week of sitting, standing and walking, and being up late, my ankles have become like pig's trotters. They go down a bit at night, but I can only wear one pair of my sandals during the day, all other shoes being too tight. With a bit of rest and foot elevation at home, I am hoping they will subside in a few days.

No comments: