Monday 26 July 2010

Monday morning

Pete destroyed the bamboo, but suspects it may come back. The plant has migrated to the garden on one side of me. Though the property is owned by the local council, and let, no one lives there. They just come and collect post, very infrequently. I noticed ivy growing against the wall on that side, too. My hydrangea seems to have survived so far, having been pulled up, then replanted. Pete also fixed a large mirror in my dining/sitting/studio room downstairs. I have a Victorian pub mirror on one side and will ask him to put another on the other side. He is coming this afternoon to put some wood treatment on my wooden plant stand in front of the house, and a bit on the door if there's enough in the pot.

This morning I shall collect some picture hangers and stuff, so that perhaps finish, or nearly finish, the picture wall in my bedroom. Romy may collect the spare books and wood this afternoon. I was hoping my antique drawing which is being put into a very fancy frame would be ready, but no. I still need to work out where to hang this to advantage, since the frame has cost a fortune, having been made to measure and I intend to get my money's worth from it.

Hmm. Have discovered that you can get floors from HarveyMaria with A - Z maps printed on. Mainly used by schools, but could look cute in the kitschen. They will also do lots of other designs. Rather tempting to have Elephant & Castle in my kitchen.

No comments: