Friday 18 March 2011

Friday, even

Pissing with rain outside. Despite this, I purchased two pairs of Gok Wan's from Specsavers. One mini David Hockney pair in dark grey, with small round frames which make me look cross and evil (perfect) and the other pair, rather pretty with a vaguely cat's eye retro shape in cream, which with reactolite lenses will be excellent in the summer.

I was horrified to discover that the Temple Bar (which I never went into) and The Beaten Path, both on the Walworth Road, have closed. Pubs certainly are disappearing fast. Just read this and realise why they are closing. Anyway.

I shall unpack my Ocado delivery and slither across to the Lye Torng for lunch.

Rang poor Dorothy, who is working very hard from home, suffering from 'flu.

Fletcher's flat up the road, which I once tried to persuade Madeleine to purchase for £60k, is now on the market for £425k. Such a pity Fletcher is leaving because he has done marvellous work on the spare bits of land either end of our street.

My neighbours upstairs asked if I minded their putting a small tree outside. This will be rather welcome as the frightful people next door leave their recycling box outside without a lid, and hang nasty smelly things in plastic bags in festoons from the top of the railings. I hope a tree will disguise some of these horrors next door to our house. I may help pay towards the tree, as the rubbish has been annoying me for months. It is bad enough with my nasty neighbour over the road. In fact, I may have to move, just to live in a better neighbourhood.

No comments: