Saturday 12 March 2011

Saturn's Day

I always spend Saturday in a state of neurosis, worrying about weighing myself on Sunday, and therefore eating more. Just heard that two tablespoons of vinegar a day speed up the metabolism. Must buy some, especially after the Thai green curry I have demolished for lunch.

On the news, the Japanese earthquake seems absolutely devastating, which is what I had suspected after the initial reports: whole villages, trains, buses, ships gone, plus a blown up nuclear reactor. So dreadful.

At least Ben is back at Shepton Mallet so hopefully we don't have to worry about his sudden 'disappearance' but the sooner they transfer him to open prison the better. What a nightmare the past few days have been for him. And his many supporters. I just don't know how he keeps sane under such appalling treatment. He is writing an excellent blog at prisonerben.blogspot.com.

Good thing I rang the framers before collecting my print - it isn't ready so I told them to email me when it is done. Hopeless. I would have liked to put it on the wall today.

No comments: