Saturday 26 March 2011

Saturday Riots - Clocks Forward Tonight

I am awaiting news of riots to take place in London. Shall not attempt a visit to the West End - best off here in the South End.

Super dinner party last night in Borough. The hosts were a super young couple, who provided fabulous sea bass with roasted peppers, tomato and fat potato slices. My Jamie 30 minute starter of fennel salad, with the addition of a bunch of radishes, thinly sliced, and smoked anchovies on the side, went down very well indeed. This was certainly partly due to thin slicing in the Magimix, and helped by blitzing a whole lemon with olive oil in the Magimix for the dressing. The pudding was fruit and cream on a nut pastry. Very good wines including a Pouilly Fume, Brouilly, and some Baumes de Venise provided by Alice. A jolly crowd and a good time was had by all, but I still haven't learned to play with food, as no doubt will be revealed tomorrow, when I have my weekly moment of truth on the scales.

Re-reading the Mapp and Lucia novels, which are certainly keeping my spirits up, and collected my Gok Wan glasses yesterday.

No comments: