Tuesday 2 October 2012

Rain, rain, go away

is all I can say. Anyway it went away for a bit and Madeleine appeared on Sunday. We had a rather disappointing brunch at the Laughing Gravy: a very, very small alleged rarebit with not very crispy bacon, after which we strolled up to Joan Street and looked around the restaurants under the arches. We were searching for pudding, and this proved a vain search, as Madeleine did not fancy Baltic, which is a rather soulless space. We did attempt to go to the gelateria at Borough Market but could not get anywhere near it with the car. Finally we tried Bermondsey Street, but I think Madeleine was looking for the tea shop in Barnes, and nothing tempting presented itself. Finally we went home and settled for tea with some chocs I had acquired in Borough Market with Dorothy the day before. These were delicious. I printed some invitations to my exhibition yesterday and will attempt to snap one today and create a Facebook event. We shall see. Last night I did another sketch at Toulouse Lautrec.

No comments: