Wednesday 21 March 2007

Cat junkies and a Strange Encounter

My cat only had to stay at the vets for an hour or two, and came back with some insulin and a packet of catnip in cat teabags. You make the tea, leave it to cool, and give to the cat. I did all this and the cat immediately threw himself onto the tea bowl, spilling it all over the floor and trying to sniff the liquid. After I had cleared up the mess, I gave him the wet mouse- shaped tea bag and he threw himself all over the floor in ecstasy for a while before ripping the whole thing to shreds.

I had also given a catnip teabag to a colleague which she put in her smart bag and forgot until later, at home in the evening, she found her cat, having torn her bag, inside her bag shredding the catnip bag. Apparently it was so excited that it later woke her up at 4.30am, demanding more catnip, unsuccessfully. I have exhausted my colleague and turned her cat into a junkie.

Today at lunch time I was wandering around the market when a quite normal-looking man came up to me to ask if I knew of a local flowershop. I pointed out two, and he said 'no, they don't have the right colours' then looked at me and said ' you are very stylish'. 'Thanks' I said nervously, before hurrying away. Apart from his strange comment to me , I wondered what the 'right' colours of flowers would have been, as both florists seemed to have a pretty complete range of colours.

I was a little unnerved and rang my colleague arranging to meet her for a therapeutic luncheon. Very good it was too, and excitingly, police turned up in two cars and arrested some people, which we viewed from the restaurant. Neither of them were the man who had accosted me, but two youths, presumably caught shoplifting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well you are very stylish