Saturday 17 March 2007

Strange Foodstuffs and Continuing Folly

The dress has arrived. It fits very well and looks OK. I may have it copied in a better material.

The wine has arrived. I used a bottle to make a coq au vin. I bought some quinoa, a rather strange Andean seed, which turns out to be quite pleasant hot or cold. I made a cold salad with quinoa and fennel which was quite good with the coq au vin. I also bought some spelt flour, which is apparently good for making bread. I will have to think about this one since I have not made bread for ages without a breadmaker. Still, with the easy quick rise yeast it should be OK.

My family came and turned my mattress and put the new mattress topper on it. Although I still toss and turn all night, sleeping seemed a bit less painful and the bed much more comfortable. Also higher, so easier to get up in the morning.

I again rather foolishly bought two tickets for a matinee of Tennessee Williams Rose Tattoo. I booked them online and they were the only two left for that performance, so hope that this time, someone will be able to come. If not the box office will probably take one back as the production is very popular.

I rang my friend last night. She sounded more cheerful about her forthcoming surgery and was pleased that she would be admitted within a week or two rather than the same day, which she felt might have indicated a more serious prognosis.

No comments: