Friday 9 March 2007

IKEA rant.

Ordered a new fitted kitchen from IKEA last October to be finished before Christmas. It took many weeks to sort out the order, every screw and handle of which had to be paid for three weeks in advance of the fitting.The items had to be delivered.

I had explained that my street is very narrow to IKEA despite which they sent everything in a huge van which could not be parked.

They took it all away again and some days later sent a small van. By this time the fitter was starting work and discovered they had delivered several incorrect large items (cooker, hood) and had to take them away, so I had to await even more deliveries.

However the large door for the boiler (matching the rest of the units) never arrived. Where the worktops were joined, they started rising immediately and it was agreed to replace them with another type of worktop, as I had lost confidence in the ones I had ordered which were far from the cheapest they had. Apart from that all was well until I turned a tap on which splashed the worktop on the other side a little and it started rising immediately where it joined the edges. I informed IKEA and was told to leave it until the New Year.

Finally, now, in mid March, IKEA having incorrectly taken an order for another (wrong) worktop, I gave up trying to contact IKEA as the switchboard would not put my call through, and phoned the fitter and he said he would contact IKEA and inform them about which worktop I wanted.

I really don't think IKEA are capable of fitting kitchens and would never go to them again. I am still waiting for them to contact me about fitting the new worktop and sending me the cupboard door. Remember, this all started in early October last year! Oh well. Have found masses of complaints about IKEA on the internet. Let the buyer beware. Rant over.

No comments: