Monday 26 March 2007

Cooking and Minor Home Improvements


This blog is very Pooterish. I was hoping for more of a Proustian impression.......

I made an interesting dish consisting of lining a dish with streaky bacon, filling alternatively with lean mutton and cooked onions with fresh mint to the top, folding the bacon over the top and cooking in a bain marie for an hour and a half. I had to pour a lot of fat off when it was cooked, and discovered that I had not trimmed the meat well enough.

The toothbrush has still not arrived.

My son and daughter in law came around . They had bought a second bathroom storage tub with lid which looks quite smart filled with my make-up and so on. My son fixed the blind in the spare room. I now only need the curtain rail fixed in that room, and the kitchen blind fixed.

I have finally managed to contact IKEA after several weeks. I sent them an angry email and they have agreed to deliver the kitchen worktop and the missing cupboard door on 13 April. (I note this is a Friday, so unpropitious, I suspect). My son was very annoyed that I had chosen the postformed variety as his whole kitchen design depends on square edges. I think the postformed edge is fairly square, but said I would photograph the kitchen as it is with the worktop he chose so that he has a record of his uncompromised design. Of course, I have no idea when IKEA are coming to fit the new worktop, even if they achieve delivery, which is questionnable.

I have now photographed the kitchen, before which I spent at least half an hour cleaning and tidying it. It does look very smart indeed.

Looking out of my window, I noticed that the back windscreen of the car belonging to the people next door had been completely smashed. Walking back from some shopping later, I saw a large hole which looked as though someone had thrown a brick through their living room window. Rather worrying.

No comments: