Saturday 31 March 2007

Valentine, Bangers and Mash and a Red Hoover


Emailed the toothbrush sender. Apparently it had been sent and was now being returned to sender by the post office, who did not leave a card to say they had tried to deliver. The guy is now sending it to arrive the next day at his own expense.

Went to the Ettore Sottsass exhibition. My little Valentine was there. He has designed masses of other super stuff, including this year, a carpet called 'bacteria' which looks exactly like prints of bacteria on a blue background. Great. Also saw the Colani exhibition there 'translating nature' and 25/25, designs in the last 25 years picked out by 25 designers. It was incredibly windy outside but sunny, and I found an interesting bus which goes from Tower Bridge into Covent Garden along near the river past Waterloo. I got this bus to Blackfriars, then another home.

I googled the Hoover Junior, which I had been assured was the lightest on the market, and was looking on Amazon. After a few minutes I discovered they had a red one, and since it was a reasonable price, ordered it yesterday and it arrived this morning. This is a snap of it. It is very light and has very good suction, slightly heavy in operation but eminently portable, so I am very pleased with it.

I am now recovering from sausages and mash for lunch somewhere called the Bridge House, which I fell into after the Design Museum.

No comments: