Sunday 1 June 2008

Again, On the Plus Side

When I made some more bread, I had run out of wholemeal flour and had only plain white, so I made it with this, then included half a cup of porridge oats and two handfuls of walnut pieces. This turned out very well indeed, and was a wholemeal kind of colour, due to the presence of the walnut pieces, and is absolutely delicious with either sweet or savoury toppings. My potage Crecy was also very good with it.

I also purchased some Ojon hair stuff which includes a body cream from QVC, and all this turns out to be excellent.

I also heard about a place on the river called the Anchor which apparently does an excellent Sunday lunch, which I have been seeking around here for some time. Must locate the place.

I am feeding my neighbour's cat while he is away. She is such a cute cat: black with white paws, tummy and parts of face - and she is tiny. She has a special diet to which I stir in a couple of dessertspoons of water as she doesn't seem to drink much otherwise. She is called Mavis and was quite ill recently, but is now pretty cheerful and eating like a horse, thank goodness.

No comments: