Wednesday 11 June 2008

Spend, Eat, Spend


Finally couldn't stand it any longer and rang Dorothy. It seems they have both been very busy and Julian has an interview today, but all is well with them, thank goodness.

I bought some rather moribund looking peonies being sold cheaply in Tesco. They were in very firm buds which didn't look as though they would open but I put them outside in a vase in the hot sun the other day and they are now opening and looking rather gorgeous.

Saw the quack last night about my compulsory letter saying I am fit to travel with the punters. She was highly dubious about the whole thing and felt I was being discriminated against and that I should complain to my employer. However, in the end she agreed to provide the letter which I shall pick up today and the company will pay for it.

Made a fairly decent paella last night with a couple of bits of chicken, but small bits of wing and drumstick are best in paella. It always tastes good though, somehow. Maybe it was the large amount of red wine I consumed with it.

Oh dear, I have been purchasing again. It is definitely a sign of neurosis. This time I have bought a Bamix mixer stick thing. It is very powerful and I shall now be able to make Leslie's white bean cappucino from my House Guest experience. I am hoping it will be one of my more useful buys.

No comments: