Monday 2 June 2008

No Pearls and Telly Bollocks

Spoke to Nibby recently. She uses pine nuts and also macadamia nuts, in breadmaking. She says the macadamia nuts go soft when being cooked and slice OK. She wants me to email the recipe for the walnut bread.

Had a very annoying trip to Gray's where they said they had restrung my pearls. However after spending a vast amount of money on a taxi, when I got there the knots were so small that the pearls were still too short so I will have to have another four pearls put on each necklace. They had also forgotten to file the chain edges off the mabe pearl earrings so I had to come back empty-handed.

Julian did not like my fellow contestants on House Guest, apart from Stephen who was nice to me about my house and cooking. Julian was also taken in by the bit where they showed Lesley T sitting about alone for ages while Romy and I chatted. This was of course fabricated to make the programme more 'interesting' rather like the publicity about a guest having to 'share a bed with Fetish the cat'. All bollocks of course. People felt I should have given Lesley B a much lower mark for not getting up in the morning and leaving all her mess from the night before. Some blogs have commented on the fact that Stephen did not use his own flat, and paid Daisy as a chef. Also that Karen's daughter was also a chef. This week has started in an interesting way with some Swansea people, giving very low marks for the overnight stay.

No comments: