Tuesday 24 June 2008

Easy-Yo, Impending Journey and Big Breakfast

The replacement Easy-Yo has arrived and I have a litre of Greek yoghourt this morning!

It really is fantastically easy to make and I am so pleased I bought it. Apparently it comes from New Zealand and nearly 50% of the population there own one. Not surprised.

We have been preparing for our journey to Bristol and Devon which starts tomorrow. Unfortunately I have had a very adverse weather forecast from Weather Action but we can only hope for the best. We have a boat trip in Bristol and a theatre trip in Torquay, which should be interesting.

I bought some frozen mixed 'summer fruits', widely available in most supermarkets. I also made up some muesli from raw porridge oats mixed with dried cranberries, raisins, a few small nuts and seeds and greatly improved by some almond flakes browned in a frying pan and added when cold. My latest breakfast consists of a couple of tablespoons of summer fruits thawed overnight in the fridge, added to three of the muesli mix, a little milk and now, a large cup of yoghourt which is very filling and delicious. Yesterday I missed lunch and did not get very hungry - though I did eat a couple of Romy's American 'moose droppings'!

No comments: