Sunday 8 June 2008

Food , Flowers and Garden Umbrella

Not enough blue cheese in the quiche, otherwise fine, but really needs the extra cheese. Made belgian beer tart from an internet recipe which turned out oversweet and not nearly beery enough. Made an excellent gazpacho today which was very refreshing in this hot weather.

My neighbour gave me a lovely bunch of flowers yesterday as a thanks for looking after Mavis. They look quite beautiful and it was a really nice surprise.

Went to Lye Torng to read my papers and had a quite good lamb Penang for lunch. Did a little shopping in Tesco and was collared by one of the punters who had seen us on the TV and says it was a shame we didn't win. I also found a rather good light blue garden parasol for £4.49 in Woolies. Unfortunately I threw my umbrella base away when I had the telly people around so will have to find another.

Looking forward to receiving the Easy Yo maker. I remember my first husband used to make a fabulous moussaka topped with a mixture of yoghourt and egg. It had been given him by a Greek heiress apparently.

No comments: