Wednesday 4 June 2008

Blah blah blah

Wednesday, and Bear has DVD'd my telly shame to send to relatives worldwide, the little swine. Absolutely vile weather, but it has perked up a bit today.

Some Easy-Yo Greek yoghourt mixes arrived yesterday, but no sign of the yoghourt maker and other bits I have ordered. No sign of the lavender plants either.

My neighbour has agreed to feed Malvolio in the morning while I am away, and Julian will do the evenings. At least this arrangement covers June. For the other three or four weeks I shall have to find someone to go with them under Romy's supervision. I really need someone nice and easygoing who gets on with older people, who is fit enough to push the odd wheelchair occasionally and is without home ties. I rang a so-called 'care' agency today to discuss our requirements and they did not return the call so we may have to advertise unless Romy has any brighter ideas.

Made a vast minestrone, which would have been fine had not the outside cabbage leaves, though thinly sliced, been as tough as hell. May be forced to fish them out if I can be bothered. Otherwise it was very nice. And will be, for some time. May have to freeze a bit of it. I must buy some plastic freezer containers.

The pearl repair people rang today and are going to sort the necklaces out and file the earrings. Apparently the workshop had been too busy before. They will ring back when they are done.

No comments: