Friday 13 June 2008

Friday 13th

Guess what? No Easy Yo. However, the Bamix arrived last night which is very exciting, and today two wonderful if expensive pillows arrived. They are 75 per cent down, and have an inner casing filled with feathers for firmness. They are absolutely splendid. I shall get a couple more.

A good lunch again at Lye Torng with Juliet, Ian, Jo and someone whose name I didn't catch with a tiny baby. I am not mad about babies, but this one was very cute.

My neighbour is giving me a plant stand for the garden which will be handy. His terrace is looking good with lots of new plants.

My dress was not ready so will collect tomorrow. On Monday I will collect my jewels which have finally been repaired at great expense.

Most annoying - I spent ages doing a complicated alteration on a skirt with two layers, only to discover that my iron does not turn on. The wall socket is OK so it must be a fuse so shall dismantle the plug and have a look. I really do need an iron so will have to purchase another if it is broken. Pity, as it is rather a good one which I can use as cordless and heats up (or did) very quickly.

No comments: