Tuesday 17 August 2010

Cooking Again

Trying to use up some frozen chestnuts had the idea of frying chopped onions and garlic, adding sliced chorizo,then seasoning and adding stock, celery salt and parsley, chuck in the chestnuts and some cannellini beans and cook for a while. I thought I had invented this but in fact chestnut and chorizo soup made with celery and carrots added is well known in Spain. Added some tomato puree and it was delicious.

Back at work for a day, then I am on leave for the rest of the week while Romy goes off to Spain again. Pete is coming to dismantle my Virginia creeper next week, which will be a relief. Must think about purchasing some lattice to cover the wall until I put some creeping stuff up it. Preferably something which won't stick to the wall.

Dorothy seems to be losing 2lb a week, making me rather envious. Must make more of an effort.

No comments: