Saturday 7 August 2010

Market and Jackie's Party

Yesterday I went to borough market. There were huge crowds of tourists, but I eventually managed to purchase a small game pie and three dozen quail's eggs. I also bought some milk and some Poilane bread. Briefly greeted Richard and Mike at The Rake, who said they saw more of my son than me. Texted Dorothy, who was busy purchasing clothes. Lunch at Lye Torng then home for a brief rest.

It poured with rain during the afternoon and early evening. However I forced myself to get organised and set off for Jackie's party. She has a penthouse flat with marvellous views, and now the Strata building almost opposite, which certainly looks gigantic. There were a couple of new residents at the party.

People enjoyed the game pie and hard boiled eggs, and there was masses of food which people had brought including an enormous trifle. The weather had improved considerably, and I met some old acquaintances and chatted with a friend of Jackie's who lived in Switzerland who was with a very interesting surgeon, both from Iran originally. The surgeon told me he had been in Harley Street for 45 years but had never visited Madame Tussaud's. Jackie and I encouraged him to go. Someone told me there is a home catfeeding service but I immediately forgot the name. Oh well.

Back after 11.30 and straight to bed after grooming and giving treats to Kooky.

No comments: