Wednesday 18 August 2010

Disaster!

Didn't sleep well, so fed Kook this morning and returned to bed. Had tea and toast in bed later, then ran a bath.

As I was about to climb in, I saw a wasp on the wall over the bath. I went to the hall cupboard to find some spray, and a gloss tin of white paint fell and spilled all over my wonderful oak floor, into the bathroom floor, and basically, all over the place. Panic and disbelief. Then I rapidly found kitchen roll, loo roll etc etc and after spreading the paint further on my feet, managed to dab up most of it leaving huge white stains. I then remembered that the paint was water soluble so spread water all over the place and mopped up. Finally, the floor in the hall is a bit stained with white but I am sure this will wear off, but the bathroom floor has huge white patches because the tiles are tiny ceramic discs normally surrounded by grey grout but now by white paint. I may regrout the bathroom floor. Now I have had my bath and scrubbed the paint off myself.

Not a good start to the day. Wasp still on wall. That will teach me to think of killing things.

No comments: