Saturday 28 May 2011

Almost Competent


With a great struggle at the top of the stepladder, after finding the right head for the screwdriver, I dismantled one side of the curtain rail downstairs and slid the curtains off. I threaded the new curtain on and fixed the rail back. Ditto the other side and ditto upstairs in the bedroom. However, the curtains are a bit short. It doesn't matter so much in the bedroom,since as they reach the floor, the cleaner somehow never gets the dirt off the hems. The sitting room is another matter. I have decided to leave them hanging and to either add a contrasting panel at the hem, or purchase some very deep fringing. We shall see.

I am not sure what to do with all the tiebacks. When I had hung the upstairs curtain I noticed a long scarf from Claire's accessories which was quite a dark colour and basically consisted of giant pompoms which blended very well with the curtains, so I cut this in half and it makes quite jolly tiebacks.

I am quite pleased with managing to do this alone, and quite pleased, despite the length problem, with the way they look.

No comments: