Sunday 15 May 2011

Worrywort

Long chat with Nibby yesterday. She thinks I should either sell my flat in Spain, which would be easier said than done, or sell this place and buy something smaller and cheaper. I have seen a couple of garden flats with one bedroom not too far away, in leafy Brockley or around Denmark Hill. Devon is still where I think I would like, if I have to move again. I need to find a vast injection of cash I suspect, to remain where I am.

Later, being anxious about future mortgage payments, I rang Dorothy, who was very snappy and tense, while assuring me that future mortgage payments will be safe after my retirement. Somehow I did not feel confident. I could not hear much of what Dorothy said, which didn't help. I probably listen too much to the advice of others, and may just get on with it in future, making my own mistakes. In any event I don't really want to put my flat on the market until my neighbour has sold his, which will give me a better idea of the price I can realise.

Madeleine has very kindly invited me to the first night of the Cherry Orchard at the National. I may well be taking a coach to the Colne Valley Railway for a train trip with the punters during that day. If so, I shall dress a bit smartly and stuff some jewels in my bag in case of a late homecoming, so that I can just jump into a cab and hotfoot it to the National if need be.

No comments: