Friday 20 May 2011

Million Dollar Quartet and Crypt

Took the punters to Million Dollar Quartet which was quite fun, and some ended up dancing in the aisles, so a success.

Romy and I escaped to the crypt of St. Martin in the Fields for a glass of wine before dashing back home. It was quite pleasantly uncrowded and would be a good place for coffee or a snack when meeting in town.

I shall be meeting Dorothy tomorrow - this makes two meetings - one a week, so I am getting unprecedented access to the Great One. Went to Borough Market today and purchased two enormous artichokes and a huge fennel bulb. Cooked them both and will consume en salade over the next day or two. Also could not resist the Comte cheese in the French stall so bought a little of that, too. Bumped into one of our ex Trustees' wives. She looked very splendid in a red turban-like headband. Most glamorous. I really must lose weight. I seem to have lost a bit of impetus recently. Dorothy on the other hand is going great guns, but I still think should increase the calories to at least 1150 per day.

No comments: