Monday 2 May 2011

Bank Holiday Monday



I keep seeing rubber gloves on the pavement.

Almost recovered from my adverse event.

Madeleine paid me a visit yesterday. It was lovely and sunny and we drank a small glass of pink cava in the garden, eating strawberries and blueberries provided by Madeleine. Conversation did keep straying to food subjects, which it would have been better to avoid, since we are both 'eating healthily' apart from my stray into river cobbler, which has definitely taught me a lesson. We discussed Easter, Devon visit, clothes etc. A very pleasant afternoon.

Later, Dorothy texted to say they were just going out to eat. This text came when I had just gone to bed for an early night.

I am rather dreading the financial consequences of retirement, with added insecurity about my mortgage payments. If selling property was easy, I should probably sell up and either move into a one bedroom place locally, or make the final move to Devon, probably. But the flat up the road is still on the market, so I suspect things are still difficult.

No comments: