Sunday 8 May 2011

Monday

Dear me, I am becoming quite forgetful: forgot to weigh myself yesterday and forgot to ring Nibby. Weighed myself today (stayed the same despite a neurotic eat-in on the night of the meeting) and will ring Nib next week.

On Saturday I met Dorothy at Borough Market. It really is terribly busy on a Saturday, but there's now a Pain Quotidien in Winchester Walk, which helps. We had coffee, and Dorothy had a large bowl of fruit and I had a small bowl of berries. Excellent to be able to get such healthy things. As predicted Dorothy thinks my idea of moving is bonkers. We shall see. Dorothy is very busy as usual, but for me it was great to meet up, a rare sighting, and Dorothy's weight loss is very good. I wish Dorothy could increase the calorie intake from 900 to 1200 a day at least, preferably 1500, and not completely exclude groups of food such as bread, but just strictly control them. The small sliced loaves I get from Marks and Sainsbury's are very good. I only ever have two slices, with a filling, as a complete meal with a salad, or two pieces of toast, butter and marmalade for breakfast. Anyway.

I tidied out the kitchen food cupboards yesterday. Trouble is, I can't bear to throw things away, but still. I shall ask at the office about getting a one-off polish for the kitchen floor which always looks atrocious. One of those men with huge machines comes around once or twice a year to do the office floors which always look fine.

Chatted with my neighbour who is trying to sell his flat. I gave him an article about selling through Facebook and said we will miss him. He is the guy who gardens the piece of land at the end of the street so successfully.

No comments: