Sunday 4 September 2011

Sunday 4 September

First birthday of Robert upstairs. Sent a card but could not find a decent present so it will have to wait until I find myself in a decent shop.

Bought both white and yellow flesh nectarines in M & S. Separately, I washed them and sliced pieces off the stone into a couple of shallow bowls and put them in the freezer to make sorbet later. I like to keep the skin on as this dapples the sorbets with pinky bits. Also found some beef jerky in M & S. This is a favourite snack of mine.

Due to go to the Ryan Gander thing with Kate later but it is pissing down with rain, inconsiderately. Oh well. Will ring Kate later to see if she is still up for it. We are not due to be there until 6, but the weather looks as though it is setting in to be vile and cold now. Pity, as it was quite warm and sunny this morning.

The Lye Torng has been shut for a couple of weeks. Have quite missed it, since I don't see a soul generally apart from when I am at work or out shopping. Will try and find an alternative. Pain Quotidien is quite good for Saturday morning, at least. Must try and invite more people. However I have a Groupon about to expire at the end of the month for a Sunday lunch, and another for champagne afternoon tea on the river near Clapham somewhere before 3 December. Must get more organised, though the nightmare that is the AGM (my last before retirement thank goodness) and submission of accounts to the Charity Commission before the end of the month is preoccupying me rather.

No comments: