Sunday 18 September 2011

Sunday Lunchtime

Well, after taking my new red coat in, went home and my NBF texted to ask if I would be in at midday, as she would like to pop in after her bout at the gym at London Bridge. Agreed, but no sign of her by 1pm so texted to say I would be at Lye Torng, where I had an excellent green curry. At about 2pm she texted again,she had been held up and was it OK to turn up still? I texted that it was fine and went back home for a coffee. She turned up absolutely worn out with the effort of walking from London Bridge after a couple of hours at the gym, and absolutely starving, so after coffee and biscuits I made her a cheese toastie.

Seems she had been visiting friends in Devon and it had not gone well. Particularly since her ex was off on a wonderful holiday with his new partner, which upset her, as she seems not to have come to terms with their separation, though it was some time ago. I pointed out that she had less reason to feel glum than most of us. She is very highly qualified, much younger looking than her years, has delightful grown-up children and is the owner of quite a few properties. She perked up a bit, then told me she is planning to go abroad to one of her properties for a couple of weeks, so the hot weather may make things seem better.

Completely forgot to collect my coat, so hope they are open on Monday. Went to Marks today and bought the bargain dinner for two, which included a rather good chicken in a barbecue style. I know these are very good as I have cooked one before. I added a salad, and rather wickedly calorifically, two lemon mousse things - mainly because of the cute ceramic containers, of which I can never get enough. Some sparkling SA pink Zinfandel, normally £7.50 completed this bargain buy.

Had a long chat with my friend Catriona who lives in Northampton. It does sound a very nice place and I may heave myself up there at some stage. Her daughter is heavily pregnant and she is coming down for the birth soon, which will be exciting. Nibby is due soon. I have organised tickets for Dame Myra Hess Day lunchtime with Patricia Routledge and Nib's friend, Piers Lane, so that will be a start.

No comments: