Sunday 18 September 2011

Sunday again


Well, here's the chicken, cooked. Actually I now see it was described as rotisserie style rather than barbecue. Kook is already overexcited. Awful, I just found out that moon cakes are around 800 to 1000 calories, so I devoured at least 400 cals the other day. Dear me.

Dorothy is going to Barcelona tomorrow apparently. I shall see if Dorothy wants any chicken and salad as I may have some difficulty eating it all - though it could go in the freezer. Masses of stock which will make an excellent soup base, or cheatingly, diluted, form the liquid for a cup of soup. I have found that water from vegetables does improve these instant soups, particularly nettle and asparagus water.
Don't forget, if you too would like to receive a Christmas card, just leave your details and comment, ta. Must get back to these. Had a comment, and it's good to know that someone who is not a close relative is actually reading this!

I am reading 'Walden' at the moment. Just seen in my Observer that there is some kind of national scheme thingy to leave books about. I thought of this ages ago but have only just got down to it, only to be pipped at the post by the papers. Oh well.

Almost forgot to mention: lost 2lb, despite the half moon cake, which is gratifying, though there's another six or seven stone to go.

No comments: