Saturday 29 October 2011

Saturday Evening


Lunch at Lye Torng where Tom, above, was doing a cartoon of a cocktail drinking couple to go above the bar.

Coffee at Pain Quotidien with Dorothy, and purchased some toasted Marcona almonds, plus some medlars, which I roasted without bletting, and was chatting with Nibby on the phone. they ended up rather burnt and with a deeply unspectacular taste. Apparently I should have bletted them for a couple of weeks in a cool, dark cupboard. Oh well.

Long chat with Kate. We plan to have dinner at Les Trois Garcons in November, since I have a Groupon to use up. I must also contact Alice because I have a teatime voucher for tea and drinks at some riverside hotel in Clapham, which sounds vile, but may be fine. We shall see.

I now have to go into work on Monday, tiresomely, but may possibly take Tuesday off. We shall see.

The clocks go back tonight so must try not to get up at 5am tomorrow morning. May actually change the damn clocks - I have so many all over the house.

No comments: