Sunday 23 October 2011

Saturn's Day Again


Another tragic mug. I thought they were improving, but then saw that the top right lip of the mug looks as though the spoon has melted it outwards. Oh well. I blame the draughtsman.

Usual lunch at Lye Torng reading the papers, followed by a tidy-up (very minimal) at home. Then a food order to Ocado which will arrive tomorrow morning. Then met Dorothy for a coffee and catch-up at Borough Market. We decided that going out for lunch on Christmas Day was a non starter because of transport problems, and I said we would carry on with our tradition at my place. Actually, I am quite looking forward to finding the Christmas pudding recipe and thinking about decorating the place a bit. We are unconventional to a large extent by not having the traditional turkey or a joint. Dorothy will cook small chicken pieces with roasted vegetables sprinkled with rosemary, garlic cloves and olive oil in the oven at a high temperature. I remember this was very good last year. I may make some bread sauce and gravy to go with it. I shall purchase some champagne, and there are lots of liqueurs here already.

Dreading next week, but trying not to think about it. My nbf Alice is coming for tea tomorrow.

No comments: