Monday 2 April 2007

A Trip to the Zoo


The celebrity wife swap was a bit of a bore, the only opinion of any interest to me was that Paul Daniels said something about granite worktops being porous, which makes me glad I have old fashioned formica ones, having heard complaints about wooden ones. So far, no complaints from anyone about Corian.

I went to London Zoo with my daughter-in-law. It was incredibly warm and sunny for the time of year and we enjoyed seeing all the animals, particularly the new gorilla house, lots of monkeys and the otters and meerkats. We took plenty of photographs,and I was completely exhausted after an afternoon walking about. After we arrived home my son turned up from work and they had an early dinner with me.

My friend rang late in the evening to say her admission to hospital had been confirmed for the Tuesday after Easter which was four weeks from when she first saw them. We had a long chat about operations, and how weak she might or might not be after the op. I remembered going back to work too soon after a major cholecystectomy, and how painful it was just sitting in a cab, and how tired I got. At that time a friend's husband who was a judge, told me that he had taken three months off work after the same operation, and I had been rather envious.

No comments: