Wednesday 18 April 2007

No Soaps, Mess and Bad Ads

Woke up exhausted this morning having gone to bed very very early. The house is covered in dust, like nuclear fallout, greyish and fine, and everywhere.

Last night my daughter in law came around and helped clean up and put some things back. She tried to reinstall the television, and I think she did this correctly, but there is no Sky signal. I think the men might have knocked against the bit which does into the wall, but don't know what to do about this. I am definitely suffering from telly deprivation, not having been able to see the soaps I usually watch. I have continued cleaning up today. Because of the amount of dust, everthing has to be cleaned several times. I am going to see 'Rafta Rafta' at the National Theatre tonight if I have the energy. I can quite see why people do not have ceilings taken down unless it is absolutely essential. I have not been able to contact the kitchen fitters about the incorrect fitting and door to the boiler cupboard.

I have been very annoyed by television advertisements talking about 'the secret to beautiful hair' or the 'secret to perfect cooking'. I always understood that the preposition/conjunction? correctly used would be 'of' rather than 'to'. I thought perhaps it was just general dumbing down, but my son thinks it may well be a cunning invention of advertising copywriters aimed at drawing as much attention to/of their ad as possible by using a wrong word and irritating people. Well, it works.

Apart from no TV the men have not siliconed around the sink or gas hob and the man in charge of the IKEA fitting has not contacted me. The fitters thought the gas man was coming today, but I have had no official word, so am taking yet another day's annual leave in case. As I can't use the hob, I hope he turns up today.

No comments: