Thursday 12 April 2007

More of the Same

Toothbrush not arrived yet. The sender says his father sent it and he is going to email me with the tracking number.

There was a meeting last night and I did not get home until 10.30pm. My daughter-in-law had fed my cat and bought him some new syringes. She had also pulled the small hazel tree out of the garden which a squirrel had planted a couple of years ago, and which had been near the pond taking up space.

I went straight to bed and went into the office this morning to write up the minutes of the meeting. My colleague had returned from her holiday and had had a wonderful time, which we discussed over a sunny lunch outside - the weather is great at the moment.

My colleague has a friend who commutes between UK and Thailand who is very handy and said if I had any work, his daily rate is excellent. I was thinking of getting the garden tidied up, maybe assembling the furniture for it, mulching the beds and getting some new large pots to put between the plants. When the ceiling is done of course I need the sitting room and hall reflooring. And then some painting and decorating so there are definitely a few days worth of work. Apparently he had been completely doing up houses in Thailand and can put his hand to absolutely everything as well as being extremely nice, so he is a bit of a 'find'. She will bring him over to have a look at what needs doing. Apparently he has stayed in her place to cat sit when they have been away. Another useful talent!

The television researcher emailed me again and wanted someone else who would also agree to audition for the programme. My colleague had invented a dish involving bananas, prawns, crab and curry which sounded revolting but apparently tastes delicious and the researcher is also interested in her. I think we have been selected as the comedy act to be put up against some seriously good cooks who have probably been selected in advance. Still, it might be fun.

Ordered a small garden table and two chairs, plus a small two seater garden bench in aluminium. I had to order white to get it all matching, but since everyone has black or anthracite, white could look pleasantly retro I think. They will be delivered in a week or two when hopefully, the kitchen has been finished.

No comments: