Friday 13 April 2007

Vanity Thy Name is Old Woman


Found a great new face product: Estee Lauder DayWear Plus. It is absolutely filled with tiny reflector bits which is why it looks an odd blueish colour. I use it instead of a moisturiser and foundation. It smells of melon. It makes your face a bit shiny but is good for evening out the tone and excellent on top of a tan. A bit pricy, but well worth it.

I have just learned how to send photos on my computer, so sent my niece a couple of pictures of my new kitchen and a photo of me. She says the one of me looks as though I might have a whip behind my back. I did think I looked a bit like a retired Madam. It might have something to do with the Dame Edna Drag Queen black glasses with the diamante top rims.

Have discovered Fake Bake. It is some extra strong stuff which you put on at night and shower off the surplus in the morning. The colour is quite satisfyingly even. If you then apply the Johnson's Holiday Skin stuff in the morning, letting it dry before dressing, it hydrates the skin as well and keeps the fake tan going. On days when nothing needs topping up, a coat of Nivea Body Satin Radiance body moisturiser adds some light reflecting pigments (goldish, v. small) which look good over the tan. This stuff also looks good on any skin, white or dark.

I wore my new slightly glittering gold jacket from Marks & Spencer yesterday and had quite a few compliments on it. I do have to say that it looks considerably better on Erin thingy (the tall dark model - probably a size 10) than it does on me in a size 28, but still. Just to bring me down to earth, my new large cream bag with tassels (from M & S again) apparently looks 'very Dolly Parton'. I was rather hoping not! It is a super bag with several sections and I can fit my Mac into it.

God, I am superficial.

Still waiting for the toothbrush.

I am slowly removing things from the sitting room and dumping them in the hall, then will have to start (horrors!)on emptying the kitchen. All must be done by Monday, (that is, if IKEA deliver the worktop and cupboard door today).

No comments: