Sunday 1 April 2007

Glassworks, Painful False Teeth and Edwina Currie

Armed with my digital camera I went to the procession for Palm Sunday hoping to arrive at St. George's Church in time to snap the arrival of this. However I managed to arrive too late, so went on to the Leathermarket to the open day and watched someone make a glass vase: very impressive and very hot.

There was a showroom full of fabulous glass items costing from about sixty to several thousand pounds. I was tempted and bought a small vase from the not quite perfect section (it looked OK to me) for £40, which looks gorgeous on my windowsill.

I had a cup of coffee in Tas Cafe and went on to see my son and his wife. I was given more coffee and offered chocolates which I only managed to decline because my false teeth are a bit painful still. I cannot decide whether to go back to the dentist to have some more filed off them, or to purchase a file and have a bash at this myself.

My sitting room is full of black rubbish bags which I have managed to fill with magazines and the Hoover packaging which I must dispose of very soon. The room looks like a rather tragic squat. I should just die if a friend suddenly called, but this is highly unlikely.

Tonight's telly looks promising with a so called celebrity wife swap - I have to say I quite enjoyed the last one I watched, which had Edwina Currie 'married' to a very large racing pundit with apparently most disgusting habits and an oversized ego. What fun that was. I never thought I would ever feel sorry for Edwina, but I have done on two occasions: the wife swap, and her being bullied in a celebrity chef programme by some football player who has become a chef. As a woman of some mature years, his behaviour appeared very ageist. However, I understand that behaving like a pig is his stock-in-trade and of course makes excellent telly. Mind you, I suspect that Edwina cried all the way to the bank on both occasions. I do hope so anyway.

No comments: