Friday 13 April 2007

Successful Deliveries, Hospital Visit and Ice Cream Machines

Things are looking up: IKEA delivered the kitchen worktops and door and the toothbrush arrived through the door so my happiness is complete.

I went to see my friend in hospital. My plan to grab flowers and chocs from the shops downstairs was thwarted as she had come downstairs and was having a ciggie outside. She looked very well for someone who had undergone major surgery and was standing upright and walking normally, she was just a bit thin. However she had felt so ill her appetite had gone in the weeks before, which is probably why. She showed me the wonderful view of the Houses of Parliament, the river and London Eye from her very smart ward. She thinks she may be discharged soon and feels she could manage at home with help from her friends and getting meals delivered. We then discussed fake tans in detail.

I am slowly moving things out of the sitting room. I shall have to practise making ice cream so have been Googling machines. The choice lies between the Panasonic, a revolutionary design that, using a special battery, paddles the ice cream while in the freezer, for under £40, and the Magimix Gelato Chef, a stand alone ice cream maker my mother used to swear by, for under £250. I think I will try the Panasonic given that I normally hardly ever make ice cream and this is being purchased mainly to experiment with Stilton ice cream making.

No comments: