Friday 17 September 2010

Friday Night and Saturday Morning

Dorothy and Julian came around last night with the iphone for me. Dorothy magically transferred information from my laptop into the iphone, including my telephone numbers and I was given a demonstration on how it works.

Meanwhile Julian called Kooky, at first in vain. Julian thinks I should get another cat to keep Kooky company. Hmmm....

Julian had found two huge heather plants for the garden. We drank coffee and tea and Dorothy and I compared diet notes. Seems that Marks & Spencer do a huge container of prepared fresh fruit which he grazes on each day for a prolonged breakfast. Might try one of these some time. I reminded Julian that I would be away for a week in December and catfeeding duties were agreed.

It has become much colder now. I have been sleeping under a quilt, but have now retrieved the duvet from the airing cupboard and was quite warm last night, with no more cramps.

Though tempted by some Marks & Spencer's boots, I have avoided going to Oxford Street until Monday, as lots of roads are closed with the Pope in town. Meanwhile I have purchased some single quilts which will be placed at the foot of the bed for Kooky to sleep on. I have a couple of tatty old quilts I must get rid of.

Weigh-in day tomorrow. Might take some measurements while I'm at it. Do hope I have lost more weight, but lost so much last week I have no great hopes.

No comments: