Tuesday 14 September 2010

Miscalculations

Dear me, the financial figures only arrived yesterday in time for the meeting tonight. We appear to have spent a little more than anticipated, but underspent so much in previous years that it shouldn't be a problem.

I cannot believe that Sainsbury's carrot and coriander soup in large tubs are only 50 calories for half a tub. It must be a mistake.

Tonight it's the meeting. I really hope it doesn't go on for too long.

Watched 'The Young Ones' last night - about famous old people stuffed into an appalling seventies place and made to do things in an attempt to make them younger somehow. A bit like a geriatric Big Brother. The presenter said that there are more people over 80 than under 16 in the UK. Seems the programme imitates a very successful experiment in rejuvenation from the States 30 years ago. (It reminds me of the Japanese architect who makes flats for people which have inbuilt problems such as narrow corners and up-and-down floors, to challenge people to deal with physical difficulties). I may keep watching this, as I could do with a few tips. I rather agreed with the old newspaper editor about the isolation. Talking of which I should take advantage of this to get some painting done. I have a most unsatisfactory sea painting on the easel calling out to me to make some improvements, which I have resisted so far. After work tomorrow or Friday, perhaps. We shall see. Kooky is not setting a good example; lying curled up on the bed, having stuffed himself with breakfast.

No comments: