Wednesday 29 September 2010

Kooky Better

Kook seemed a bit more perky this morning and did the usual 5.30am waking call and jumped on the bed as usual. However he had a check-up at the vet. He is now less than half a kilo overweight. Seems Julian was right and he recovered alone from his encounter. The vet shaved him a bit in front and there were two quite large scratches, one across his entire larynx, which is why he was panting with stress and a bit quiet afterwards, poor thing. I bought him a Feliway spray for stress, a pack of catnip teabags and a thing called a Furminator, which takes off lashings of fur when grooming.

I shall recover from the shock of the early appointment, purchase a paper and have lunch at the Lye Torng. This evening is the book launch, which I will be happy to attend now that I know Kook is fine. I may shut him in the kitchen at night to try and get some extra sleep, and keep the back catflap locked.

No comments: